In the early years it was the B.J. Harrison Mfg. Co. Charles Glantz bought the B.J. Harrison factory in 1918. The B.J. Harrison Mfg. Co. made several kinds of tables and chairs, breakfast sets and the most popular the folding bridge tables and chairs. The plant was destroyed by fire in 1948, and rebuilt the same year. It was later sold to Union Hoe and Fork Co. (Handle Factory) in 1951, which made implement handles. Then was sold to Arkville Wood Products (Bat factory) in 1960. Sold again later to McLaughlin Wood Products and lastly to Olallieberry Garment Dying. Today privately owned.
Mr. Glantz came to Margaretville in 1908 and operated a hotel, the Fairview house on Main Street and later built and operated the Winnisook Lodge on Dry Brook Road, until the hotel was destroyed by fire in 1941.
He built a home in Margaretville and resided there for several year before moving to Newark in 1950. Charles died at his home in Newark at the age of 80 years in Oct. of 1959.
Courtesy of Roger D. Davis, 4 May 2020