catbar

Delaware County NY Genealogy and History Site

Welcome Page of the Delaware County NY Genealogy and History Site . . . | . . . Table of Contents Page . . . | . . . Contact Site Manager

ARTICLES WRITTEN BY KAREN CUCCINELLO
OF THE STAMFORD VILLAGE LIBRARY HISTORY ROOM

These articles are mostly pertaining to Stamford, and were originally submitted to the Mt. Eagle. We are pleased to share them here with all our Delaware County researchers. Also, as you will find, there are many old photo postcards here from the Stamford Library Collection. The links are to files of varying formats: text, pdf and jpg. This Index to Articles was created February 4, 2015.

NOTE: Karen does minimal genealogy searches for donation, like $20, to the library. Contact Karen if you are interested in meeting with her at the library. She is only there a few hours per week and her day is flexible. For more in-depth help, see Karen on our Professional Researchers Page.

Jeweler for 47 yrs - Adelbert M. Warner

Dr. Stephen E. Churchill

Portrait of Dr. Stephen E. Churchill

Churchill Hall

Churchill Hall Staff

Dr. Churchill Memorial Gymnasium and Library

The Apostle of the Hills, Reverend John Bangs

Stamford Scrapbook - Personal Scrapbook of Simon Bolivar Champion "Champ the Printer" 1885-1900. Champ was the editor and founder of the Bloomville Mirror. This was a gift to the library from Josephine Sanford July 1967

IRS Tax Receipt - 1868 Champion

Simon Bolivar Champion - founder, proprietor and editor of the Bloomville and Stamford Mirror

Index to Mrs. W.E. Champlin Scrapbook

Charles Griffin, Author of History of Stamford

Eleanor Roosevelt and Mrs. Alice McLean - 1946

Frederick Peter Murphy - One of Stamford's Movers & Shakers

Orrin Grant 1857-1926 - Includes articleupdated21 Oct

Clinton Stoutenburg - WWInew link21 Oct

Wyckoff Sisters - Jennie and Lenanew link21 Oct

Roscoe L. German - WWI, also John Moss & Francis M. Whitenew link21 Oct

Julia Griffins (of Stamford, NY) Diary 1852-53

Don McPherson (post master, blacksmith, town supervisor & more)

Tom Thumb Group

Grand Gorge Fire Station - Hose Co. No. 1

Downhill Skiing in the Catskills

Marriage and Death Records, 1841-1879 - original at Library

Cold Spring Farm postcard - 1950

Week Long Ice Storm at Mt. Utsayantha in 1898

Snow on Main Street - Stamford N.Y., March 1914

Blizzards and Storms
Mt. Utsayantha postcards - The Tower and View

Snow on Hobart Main Street - 1884

Devasago Falls and Inn, Town of Roxbury

Stamford Assembly Hall/Opera House

Stamford Enumeration 1902

1917 Village of Stamford Assessment Roll

John A. Logan Post #477 Grand Army of the Republic

Office of Stamford Mirror, S.B. Chapion, Editor

59th Anniversary -Revitalized Stamford Fireman's Bugle and Drum Corps

Rexmere Hotel - Old Photo Postcard

Improvement Association for the Village of Stamford

South Kortright hosts the International Assembly of Women in 1946

Tea Time Inn, Stamford, N. Y.

Lawrence Hardware, Stamford, N. Y.

West Main Street, Stamford, N. Y.

Stamford Chapter #303Order of the Eastern Star (O.E.S.)

Stamford Country Club Members 1912

Stamford Daughters of the American Revolution - (DAR) Abigail Harper Chapter

Stamford Fire Department Members

Stamford Fire Department Time Line

Stamford Golf Course - organized 1897

Stamford Hospital - Brief history

Stamford Library History Room Indexupdated20 Oct

Stamford Parade - Mr. & Mrs. Harry Pruden

Stamford Post Card Index

Stamford Seminary

1914 Stamford Seminary Yearbook S.S. Camera

Stamford Seminary Class of 1915

Stamford Seminary Class photo- 1915



Welcome Page of the Delaware County NY Genealogy and History Site . . . | . . . Table of Contents Page . . . | . . . Contact Site Manager

a service of the Delaware County Historical Association located at 46549 State Highway 10, Delhi, NY 13753

Online since 1996 - created and managed by Joyce Riedinger